Sunday 8 March 2009

Catching up!




I dont seem to have had much to write about on the blog lately, but am making an effort today to update. The weather is much improved and it is lovely to see the Spring flowers coming out. The first blossom has appeared too , on the mirabel tree so thoughts turn more to gardening and what to grow this year. I think lots of us will be making the most of our veggie patches this year to eke out the pennies, and it all tastes so much better anyway when you can just pick and cook.

I dont have a lot of room but certainly will do the toms and runner beans, french beans , peppers and chillis as well as lots of basil. I am going to have a go at hops this year too. I understand the shoots and leaves are tasty in salads, and mostly the flowers when drived aid sleep, soo am doing this project for my Mum who has problems sleeping. It is a long haul as it will be a couple of years until the first harvest but will be fun no doubt.










I have started weaving again now as at last we saved up for a fuel delivery and the house is warm again. Nothing scintillating but some waffle pattern that I have not tried before for towels. I am only just warping up so will let you know how it all goes.

1 comment:

julie said...

How pretty everything looks, there are no blossoms out here yet not even a daff so we are a bit behing you, to be honest its wet and blimin cold!! I know what you mean about the fuel we have been rationing the wood so it lasts don't really wnat to order anymore yet. Need to get out in the veg plot but its a bit cold so putting it off. Well hun keep warm and weave yourself a nice wooly shawl for next winter.
love jules xx